FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Since September 2014 all pupils in KS1 (Foundation, Year 1 and 2) are provided with a free cooked school lunch. These meals are healthy and tasty, and we encourage parents to take advantage of this initiative which saves them £12 a week, the equivalent of £456 a year. Parents and guardians are still however encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school if they are entitled, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to support learning.
From Year 3 onwards, children whose parents are in receipt of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on — paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible for free school meals please visit Free School Meals
Please ask at the school office if you need any help.